Friday 15 March 2013

New Job...



It's official; I have a new job!  I start in a week's time, and I'm going to be working as a school receptionist up in Chelsea.

Bizarely, however, I feel a mixture of elation and resignation about this.  I mean, I'm delighted that I have a job - I hate not having money and/or anything to do - but there was a sinking feeling when I realised quite how much this is going to cut into my writing time.

I get school holidays and evenings off, but I also know that I'm going to have to get part-time jobs during in breaks, to make sure that I can make ends meet.  And all this time, I've important things to consider, like the impact of this on my blog, on my novel and when I'm going to get to see the boyfriend (very unhelpfully he has his days off during the week.  :P).

But then I remember:  I have a job!  Plus, I'm moving in with a very dear friend of mine tomorrow; I have a great group of friends and family; a boyfriend who's beyond lovely; what essentially amounts to a copyright library of my own; and I can't seem to stop smiling.

So I'm doing okay really.

No comments:

Post a Comment