Sunday 24 March 2013

"Oh no no no! I 'ave been burnt by you before!"

For the last couple of weeks, I've been stuck on the development of the main female character in my novel.  Why is it that she seems so stuck?  How can I get her to develop?  Why is it that she seems to be distrusting her instincts and emotions?

Today, however, I had a breakthrough!

All of Sara's issues arise from the fact that her previous relationship didn't work, that she was betrayed in it.  That's why even though I've really romantic and sweet things planned for later on, I couldn't quite work out how she'd react to them.  Her experience of past relationships is having an adverse affect on her current one.  She's going to need reassurance from Jack as their relationship progresses - sex is key, but it's not everything.

I think every girl needs reassurance sometimes and as strong and manly as we like our man, it's so important to be able to communicate and talk about our feelings with each other.

So relieved to finally have got rid of that block!  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment